Fools Dance- my first poem since secondary school

I have not studied English Literature since GCSEs and it probably shows...

Fools Dance

I am a dancing fool
And so are you
I am me
And you are too,
But fools fight,
They kill.

And so I ask,
From fool to fool,
Why bother?

Why do you choose foe over friend,
When we are just
A fool,
Dancing. Dreaming. Deluding,
That we are something different
From the trees
And the grass so green.

They say money doesn’t grow on trees.
Oh, but it could.
Oh, but only if you believed!

And at the end of the day,
We are just playing pretend,
In the illusion that is reality.

Because really we are just
A fool,

Dancing.

~ End ~


'Deluding,
That we are something different
From the trees
And the grass so green.'


This verse is me alluding to my belief is reincarnation. More specifically, I believe everything in
nature is a mirror, for example, plant reproductive systems physically mirror animal genitalia.
One can, through similar reasoning, arrive at the idea of reincarnation as this is mirrored in the
life cycle of plants. One can even start to deduce ideas such as, life waves creating karma for
future incarnations when looking at roots of plants. Likewise one can conclude from dreams the
illusion of reality.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Eternal Promise- Religion is for the Fearful

The Things that Live Inside You

Does The Universe Exist?